Thursday, November 12, 2009

Final thoughts

It was really nice to see Per and Dennis stop by the Merrell store where I work on Thursday afternoon. Though they were there for a brief time, it was nice to see them. Their two plus week vacation here in the United States is winding down and they'll be headed back to the Philippines on Friday afternoon.

There are a couple of things that I wanted to clarify on my blog from my conversation with Dennis. Dennis latest marathon in Fresno was actually his second 42K. His first one was in Singapore last year (believe it was called the Sundown Marathon) and was contested in 90 degree temperatures. I was correct in saying that he did get a personal best in Fresno.

The other item had to do with the two e-mails that I received not to run marathons anymore. The e-mails came from here in the United States. As far as I'm concerned, I agreed with a response that my friend Rod mentioned. I'd like to move on. I plan to do at least another marathon next year in my home town and we'll see what happens there.

Finally, it was great to see Per, Dennis, Rio and Wilbert visit during the past couple of weeks. I wished there had been more time in spending with you. However, there is November 2010. That's all that needs to be said there. Per and Dennis - please have a safe trip home!

For those in the Philippines who read my blog and are running in the Timex Run this Sunday, good luck to all of you. To the rest of the world, good luck if you're running and racing this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment