Monday, November 9, 2009

One Year Ago Today

Finishing the VSO Bahaginan 15K at Ft. Bonifacio, Philippines. Thanks once again to BroJ who took this wonderful photo!

Wow, how time flies! It was one year ago today when I landed in the Philippines. Within 24 hours, Oknoy and Mon provided a tour of Manila. Jay picked me up at the hotel and drove me to the start of the VSO Bahaginan race. Then there was the reception before the race started, the race itself and then the reception at breakfast afterwards. The 11 days that followed was the most enjoyable vacation that I've ever taken. Definitely, I'm looking forward to nexr November when we can do this again.

I've received the official results via http://www.marathonguide.com/ for the Two Cities Marathon (not yet out on the website). Since my friends - Rio de la Cruz and Greg Brown gave me their okay to post their results, I'll do it on this site. Rio's net time was 3:05:47, a Boston Qualifier and 21st overall! Greg's net time was 4:55:32 and this was his 181st marathon completion! Just a few minutes ago, I e-mailed Rio (he's still on his flight back to Manila) to let him know. Marathon Guide gets the results of most marathons from around the country and the world quicker than anyone that I know. I have a link to them so please check it out when you can.

Dennis QuePe completed his first marathon sucessfully as well with Per providing great support, I'm certain. We're looking forward to his recap. Congratulations to Dennis, Rio and Greg and to everyone who participated!

No comments:

Post a Comment