Thursday, November 12, 2009

Looking Ahead

Virtually, the 2009 racing season is over with the completion of the U.S. Half Marathon a couple of Sundays back. I'll be in a couple of more races this year as tempo runs but nothing serious. The focus right now is 2010 and the Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon as the first serious race.

Despite a year where my hours at work were cut and then, the New Balance store closing at the end of April, I was fortunate to endure what could have been an empty season. The training was better and so was the race results. Also, after five months of unemployment, I'm back working again and the future appears promising.

Last Sunday while talking with Rio at the airport before his flight. my goals are to improve on all of the distances of races ran in 2009. There's also the 32K that I'll debut in come November 2010. That should be an interesting distance and am looking forward to the opportunity. Also, the race schedule has some first time races and it would be interesting to see how these events will turn out.

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment